Patient Participation Group
A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a group of people who are patients of the surgery and want to help it work as well as it can for patients, doctors and staff. The NHS requires every practice to have a PPG.
Aims of a PPG
- To encourage a positive relationship between the patients and the practice staff, both medical and administrative
- To have a voice for the patient in the practice
- To be realistic about what you can achieve and to look for small changes that can make a real difference
- To work constructively and positively to help identify solutions and to work in partnership with the practice and other local organisations
- Produce newsletters for practice patients per annum which will contain appropriate information on local or national health matters
- Carrying out research to find out what matters to patients and discussing the findings with the practice
- To encourage patients to engage in their own healthcare so that the PPG is better equipped to organise information sessions on medical and related topics of interest to them
- To assist with the organisation of self-help groups for patients
How to join the PPG
We are looking for individuals to join the PPG, membership will not take up a lot of your time. Interested? Please ask at reception for a form so we can can contact you, or download the form here (nhs_PPG_leaflet) and drop off the complete pages at reception.
The Family Practice Barrow
26-30 Hartington Street,
T : 01229 402900
Monday 8:00 – 18:30
Tuesday 8:00 – 20:30
Wednesday 8:00 – 18:30
Thursday 8:00 – 18:30
Friday 8:00 – 18:30
When we are closed
Outside of normal surgery hours, emergency cover is provided by ‘NHS 111’ by dialling 111.
For hearing-impaired users please call (Typetalk) 18001 111.